Saturday, October 13, 2012

Hour 11 Mini Challenge

I'm the one on the end. I tutor with Frontier College here in Canada, and as part of the program we have the opportunity to volunteer in the reading tents during events. I always sign up to do these because I love the joy of reading to a child and watching them discover a whole new world. Reading has always been a part of my life and I learned to read at a young age. Even though I knew how to read my mom always took an opportunity to read to me every day. This joy that comes from watching a child reading is unlike anything else.

1 comment:

  1. I know that joy well myself! No little ones in my life these days with my siblings kids all out of high school and I miss them. Rather I miss that experience of watching the wonder of story bloom in their eyes.

    thanx for participating in The Literacy Mini-Challenge

    ReplyDelete